Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Friday, October 9, 2009

New Camera Photos

Adding another item to my 'to learn' list: take good photos. I drool over the blog pictures I see which have an almost luminous quality. The lighting is always perfect, the shadows enhance the overall picture, and there is never any doubt that the photographer knew exactly what they were doing.

My Sweetie went and bought me a new camera. Oh, it's not the SLR I'd someday like to have, but it does a great job with the photos. I just have to learn the ropes a little bit.

And here to show a few pics I shot with it, are some of my garden plants.

I remember well the time I posted about my quest for this tree, which I assumed was some kind of  'Zote' soap tree. Turns out it's the lemon scented Eucalyptus Citriodora. My beloved Sister was able to acquire it for me. It is now waiting to be transplanted to the ground when the heat is well gone, as per my Sweetie's wishes.


And this is American Beautyberry, which graces an area near our front door.


This is a pot of portulaca and moss rose I planted over the Summer.


This is a citrus tree which my Sweetie planted years ago from seed. We really have no idea what kind it is, as this is the first time it produces fruit. We hope it's an orange, but the fruit is rather large.



This is one of my Hoyas or "Wax Plant" also known as "Porcelain Flower".


And in other news: I'm changing my blog layout. I've decided I rather like the look of simplicity. The 'less is more' approach is something I've been meaning to adopt. I will eventually remove several items from the sidebar. I'll be adding new blogs to the 'favorites' and removing some to make room for others.

I do love the look of all the wonderful free layouts available. I have found, however, that they cause the pages to load rather slowly. I think it's the same with having too many graphics, at least I suspect they have something to do with that. Well, I am just trying something new for now. I may just go back to the old layouts....it's a woman's prerogative to change her mind. What's great about these programs is that it's almost like 'moving the furniture around'. Just like at home when you get tired of seeing the same layout, and you try for a 'new look'. I move my furniture around at least once a month! So, until next time, have a good one!!

8 comments:

Renee said...

Yaya the pictures are great, but it is the picture of you.

You are so beautiful and I love your hair like that.

Love it.

Renee xoxo

glorv1 said...

That's what I did yaya. I didn't care for all the hoopla. I prefer the simple look as well. I left all my awards and took off some gadget and I like the way your blog looks now. I also like your new profile picture and the fact that you have one of your aprons on. It's very you amiga. Beautiful. Talk to you later, have a good Saturday.

glorv1 said...

Hi yaya, I came back to tell you that your pictures are great and I can hardly wait till Spring so that I can plant the seeds you gave me. Those are great picture. Enjoy your new camera.

YayaOrchid said...

Renee, what an absolutely sweet thing to hear from you! I love you too! C'est une amie gentille.

Gloria, and thank you also for your sweet comment! I'm glad you like the new layout. And I can hardly wait to see your Spring garden as well!

glorv1 said...

I really like your plants especially the porcelain flower. I bet it spreads really nice. Isn't it fun growing your own stuff. Let me know how that fruit tastes. Maybe you can bake with it or dry it for dried fruit? Let me know about it, it's rather interesting. Take care.

glorv1 said...

I really like your plants especially the porcelain flower. I bet it spreads really nice. Isn't it fun growing your own stuff. Let me know how that fruit tastes. Maybe you can bake with it or dry it for dried fruit? Let me know about it, it's rather interesting. Take care.

Tufa Girl said...

How wonderful to hear you have a new camera. A few years ago I listened in on a speaker at one of the seminars at work. The man is a professional landscape photographer. The one thing I will always remember him saying "Take 100 rolls of pictures and call me on Monday."

Which means take lots of photos, lots of the same subject but with a different angle, some with or without a flash, etc. You may have to take hundreds before you get the perfect shot. Sometimes you will not know you have it until you have it developed before you.

I have 3 cameras I rotate through and my favorite is the biggest. I can not stick it in my pocket as easy as the other two. I think if I wait for the perfect shot I will miss the moment. I would like to share a better photo but mostly I want to share my moments.

But most of all have fun.

Dida said...

Hey Yaya...
how r u doing..?
those r some fine shots.
I hope u have a gr8 time clicking pictures with ur new camera.
I love the look of ur new blog.
The header is fabulous.
Dida

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music