Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Saturday, October 10, 2009

Nursery Shots

Today has been such a beautiful day with cloudy overcast skies and a very cool breeze. It made taking a quick trip to stock up on "Zote", our favorite Mexican soap, a really nice drive. Along the way, we also stopped at a local nursery to see if they had any Winter veggies. The visit yielded pictures of these beauties. Such pretty colors I had not seen before in zinnias. Love those tangerine and pastel orange hues.


And this is one of my all time favorite fragrant shrubs "Reseda Odorata" or "Mignonette" as it's also called. It has the most delicious fragrance!



I'm trying to become accustomed to always carrying my camera with me. Good thing, as I was also able to capture this graceful butterfly feeding amongst the flowers.



Love this garden vignette! Wish it was in my garden! Pottery is always something that adds such a nice touch to any garden.


We did go home with a small tray of spinach and a couple of jalapeno plants. We wanted other Winter veggies, but maybe it's still early for the nurseries to have them. We will have to wait and see.

3 comments:

glorv1 said...

Hi yaya. Oh how fun it is to visit nurseries. We got our winter veggies and put them in last week and more today in my garden. I'm taking pix tomorrow and posting about it. Sounds like you are feeling pretty good lately and that's good. Be happy all the time. Take care. Great pix.

Tufa Girl said...

Was the nursery in Laredo? I love a road trip! Just beginning to get winter veggies here in San Antonio. It has been so warm where you are. You may have to wait for the temps to come down a bit before the nurseries feel comfortable bringing in the stuff for cool weather. Nice photos, Yaya.

FlowerLady said...

Great photos. Butterflies are hard to capture sometimes. Enjoy your new camera.

I love Zote soap. First heard about it for making homemade powder laundry detergent. Found it at Big Lots. The scent is wonderful, clean and I love the color, pink.

FlowerLady

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music