Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Another Diamond

I was just over at Sandra's blog Diary Of A Stay At Home Mom and was so very blessed with this Scripture she posted:

“But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.”- 1 Peter 2:9


My Bible shows it like this, with one word that stands out in my mind- "peculiar":
 
"But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light" - 1 Peter 2:9
 
Either Bible version is true and the same, but the word peculiar somehow does strike a familiar chord. As a Bible believing Christian I know that I come across as 'peculiar' and 'quaint' to some people. And that my dears, is as it should be.
 
Love,

4 comments:

Bob Mrotek said...

Yeah, well, you can count me in. "Peculiar" describes me just fine :)

YayaOrchid said...

Bob, LOL! And that's ok by me. :)

glorv1 said...

Well that sure does describe me to a T as well. People think I am odd sometimes and frankly, I like that because it means I'm different.
Yaya, I am drained from EL DIA. For some reason I come away feeling just totally drained of energy. While I'm doing it I am so into it because I can feel what I'm doing and right now I can't even lift a mop handle I feel so weak. I need to do stuff around here but I just don't feel like it. I think though that I will feel better if I get started doing stuff, instead of spending my time on the computer. I do have people to visit and comments to leave and answer but tonight I'll do that. bye.

YayaOrchid said...

Gloria, sure hope you feel invigorated again soon! Just take your time, do your chores nice and easy, no rush....rest when you can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music