Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Monday, November 30, 2009

Back To The Grind and More Ramblings

After a delightful Thanksgiving celebration, spending time with Family and Friends, it's fair to say we all have to touch the ground again. I love the respite Thanksgiving gives us. It's that little break in the monotony of the year, and that deep breath you take before diving into a whirlwind of more Holiday festivities.





But we will cherish all the sweet memories throughout the year.





If but we are given more time to live, we can create more beautiful memories upon those past. As I sit here typing, I can hear the tick tock of the clock on the wall. And it's the same sound whether it's at home, in a business, or in a hospital. Time passes by the same for everyone. Yet for a second there, it was deja vu all over again. I was reminded of those instances where we've been in hospitals. The past four years have given us our share of difficult moments. First it was the loss of my Dad. Soon after, my Mother. Then, my surgery. Then Owen's surgery. There was also my Mother-in-law's injury to her knee. The sound of that clock ticking brought back all those memories.I do try not to remember them, but sometimes, when I do recall, it just gives me a greater appreciation for the good ones. Maybe it's also because we're near the end of another year, and you can't help but take stock of things.

So for now, it's best to focus on other things. Best to get into a hands on the plow, 'manos a la obra' frame of mind. I have so many ideas of things I want to create! There are still aprons to sew, and scarves, hats, and purses to knit; embroidered dish towels, golf towels, bookmarkers........oh, if only there were more hours in the day. Well, maybe I won't quite get around to having all those things done right away, but in time it can be done. Again, that is if I am granted said time. But it's always good to have a dream.

I am really excited about having a venue for sharing creativity. That's how I see my Etsy shop. For me, it's not so much about money, although of course that is always a plus, but more about having a springboard for ideas and dreams. Maybe it's more about stepping out in faith, and away from fear. That nagging fear of failure that afflicts us all at one time or another. To go out on a limb, and have faith in God to help me, and trust my God given abilities and instincts. That would be a fine thing! Something to which I can say 'why not?'

I think perhaps some people who know me have wondered why I have taken such an interest in this new venture. It had been a little germ of an idea growing in my mind for quite some time.

But it wasn't something I was going to plunge into all at once. I took my time, about two years actually, of thinking, researching, reading, and just talking to my Sweetie. I slowly over time built up a little inventory of supplies, thinking always that perhaps someday I would actually take the big step. I realize an online business is not exactly as big a step as a brick and mortar business, but it's a start. What I like about Etsy is that you can go as slow or as fast as you want.... It's a way to get your 'feet wet' so to speak. I like it. Of course, Etsy is not the only option out there. There are other venues, even just starting another blog and selling your items there. That is also something I had been thinking of as well. It's just whatever you're comfortable with. And to anyone thinking of making their own dreams a reality, I say 'just do it'. You've thought about it, done the research, now it's time to take action.


I don't know what the future holds, I'll just take it one day at a time, I'll just go where my Father takes me. For me that is more than enough.

13 comments:

glorv1 said...

Well I would say that was a big thank you for all you've been able to accomplish this year and also for your being able to go on when times were very rough. It goes to show you Yaya, that you have it in you to succeed. I like the way your shop is growing and the items you have to offer will make others very happy.
I've been looking into other shops as well. Links I have received from friends. Ebay is number one, Etsy is number two and there are others that follow. ( as far as selling and buying items). I'm waiting to really make up my mind before I post anything else. I do like Etsy and am a member and have bought many things there, but have yet to sign up as a seller. It is in consideration. You have done a lot since I've known you and although there has been much troublesome time and losses, you have gone on, and that is something to be proud of. Take care.

YayaOrchid said...

Thank you Gloria! I know you'll find a perfect fit for you in terms of setting up another shop. But it is good to take your time and carefully study your options.

Our caldo turned out perfect for the colder weather we're getting. We've even got a little bit of rain going on!

Tea Time and Roses said...

Hello Dear Friend,

What a beautiful post. Each word warmed my heart. You know I feel the exact same way about my little ventures:o) I am just tickled pink about being able to live my dreams of sharing what I love with others. I have done this for many many years now and I tell you what a joy:o) I have not made Oprah's money just yet, but I love what I do and that in itself is a great reward.:o)

So happy to hear your Thanksgiving was a beautiful one. The photos are so sweet. Thank you so much for this lovely post my friend. Enjoy a most beautiful weekend.

By the way, I loooove my cards and the lovely extras you sent they are beautiful and will certainly be blogging about your sweet shop soon!:o) Take care.

Smiles...

Beverly

Tufa Girl said...

I started with the work blog. Started from scratch, never done this before. Through all your kind words on that blog, I started following you and became truly inspired. Set backs that we all suffer keep our minds focused for a moment but the creativity is always there. Sometimes the delay just makes the timing for the beginning at the "right" time.

I love your Etsy store and I am so happy for your successes.

YayaOrchid said...

Beverly, you are always so supportive and kind. I truly appreciate that! You're the first person who reached out to me with encouragement when I started blogging, and I will never forget that.

TufaGirl, I SO,SO,SO appreciate your kind words! It makes me feel good to know that I could actually help someone just as Beverly did with me when I started blogging. I guess we all have to help each other whenever we can. That's the good thing about blogging! And you know that I also ♥ your blog and your gardening expertise! Especially when it comes to roses.

Georgina said...

I remember my ex mother-in-law told me when I realized my little piece of immortality was so imperfect, he's autistic, told me all I could do is just take it one day at a time. Wonderful advise from a wonderful lady...still stay in contact with her...divorced her son, but not his mother. So I continue to live that way and am so grateful for what I have, family, friends and a absolutely wonderful husband.

Thanks for your lovely words.

xxoo,
Georgina

YayaOrchid said...

Georginna, and I truly appreciate your kind comments. You know comments are like applause for the artist. :)

Tufa Girl said...

Yaya, I forgot... I LOVE your pond! It looks amazing!

YayaOrchid said...

Cindy, it's not at our home. We spent Thanksgiving at my Husband's Sister's house in San Antonio.

Tracy said...

Wonderful, exciting post, YaYa! Wishing all the best with your new shop adventure...May all your dreams come true and more! :o)

YayaOrchid said...

Tracy, thank you for your sentiments!

Renee said...

Such a beautiful post! Just stopping by to say "hello" and thank you for your prayers. Have a wonderful weekend.

YayaOrchid said...

Renee, thank you! I'm glad you stopped by. I know I haven't visited blogs frequently lately. This time of year it gets pretty rushed for me. I'm glad you're doing ok.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music