Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Updating

Well, saving your template before doing a blog makeover is supposed to save you headaches should you need to reinstall it again. I saved mine, but somehow, the widgets didn't make it through the transition. So, I pretty much have to start over in adding all the links I previously had. I only wish Blogger would offer more templates and especially at least a three column option. I got so tired of seeing the two columns, I went in search of a three column template. It's a risky proposition when you start changing things around, especially trying to edit html code.

If I could keep the simplicity of my previous blog, I would happily do so. I liked having it in white with simple graphics. But I want three columns. So I'll try this new layout for a while. In meantime, I'll also try and find my old links again. Blogger, if you're listening, try giving us more options. It's been years with the same basic style......time for a change.

9 comments:

Tufa Girl said...

Yaya, I love it! I wanted a change from my format and I have been playing with my blog. I found a format I liked but could not get many things to work so I decided to keep it is as a different blog. I need some time to learn the html also. Doesn't the change feel good?

glorv1 said...

Yaya, it looks good. Blogger does offer 3 columns. If you check google under "blogger templates," they have some 3 column templates. You blog looks good. Hope you are able to find or replace your gadgets. Have a great Wednesday.

Persuaded said...

It looks really nice! I so know what you mean about messing with the templates... I had to do quite a bit of monkeying around to get my three columns (actually my *daughter* had to quite a bit of monkeying around, lol) I'd love to move my blog to a Wordpress format, it seems you can do so much more, but then I think I'd have to change my address and everything... and I think I might end up losing many of my wonderful bloggity friends. We couldn't have that now, could we? ;)

Have a wonderfu day m'dear!

YayaOrchid said...

Cindy, yours is a lovely blog! But it's always fun to try something new.

Gloria, I know in Google you can find some, but I was referring to the ones you can select in blogger's layout/pick new template. I hope too that I can replace the lost widgets.

Diane, I've wondered about Wordpress, but I think Blogger's format is so easy to work with, except for the template options.

Dida said...

hello Yaya...
ur blog looks fabulous...
i have the same story...i recently changed my blog's look and lost all my widgets.Will have to adding the links all over :/
take care,
dida

Tracy said...

The new look is GORGEOUS, YaYa..big WOW factor! You've been busy... to beautiful result. :o) Happy Day ((HUGS))

YayaOrchid said...

Thank you Tracy!

Tea Time and Roses said...

Hello my friend!

Wow this is beautiful!!:o) I looooove it so very much. Your banner is lovely one for sure. By the way your shop is looking simply amazing.:o) Everything is just wonderful.:o)

Smiles...

Beverly

YayaOrchid said...

Thanks Beverly!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music