Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Sunday, December 20, 2009

#52



Here we are near the end of another year and on this day I am grateful to be embarking on yet another year since the day of my birth. It's been a most interesting journey as far as I'm concerned. And 52 doesn't feel old at all. One thing I have noticed though, and that I find that even more interesting is that I don't laugh as much as I used to. I'm more serious now. I honestly don't think it is a reflection of my happiness, for I will tell you that I am the happiest I have ever felt in my life....well, except for the empty nest syndrome. I do miss being needed by my little ones- who by the way are not little any more-ha! No, I think this seriousness is more a result of aging. It's as if the carefree glee of youth which makes you burst out laughing at the most inane silly things becomes replaced by a serious composure that can be mistaken for crabbiness or even sadness. Is it perhaps the sign of wisdom? I suppose that the longer you live the more you experience loss, for inevitably along life's path death does present itself at the most inopportune times. And I would venture to say that loss does equate sadness and consternation. And then there are those health issues which suddenly become apparent as you age. Bones begin to creak...yes, they actually do creak sometimes! And you worry more, because now in all your newly found wisdom you become more keenly aware that you never really had any control over anything that happens. Which is a good thing. Because now you're genuinely glad you can really put your trust in God and toss all your cares upon him- which was what you should have done since day one and you were much younger. So why even bother to worry? Wisdom- oh yes. Elusive when I was young, but oh so tangible in the Autumn of my life.

Another celebration, another year, another blessing- what more can I ask for? I am grateful, yes I am. Praise God! And before I wax poetic and even more philosophical, I bid your farewell for now.

Love,

11 comments:

FlowerLady said...

Happy Birthday YaYa ~ May today be filled with joy, love and blessings and may you continually feel God's love surrounding you.

Getting older does make one more reflective. Each day is a gift.

Love the new look of your blog, very nice.

My DH's bday is today too. So, I'll be preparing a special meal for him.

Have a wonderful day YaYa and a lovely Christmas.

FlowerLady

YayaOrchid said...

Flower Lady, that is a most perfect sentiment expressed! Thank you! Wishing you a wonderful day also with your Beloved!

Bob Mrotek said...

Oh my goodness, Yaya. You are ten years younger than I am! When I was about twenty-seven you would have been what we used to call "jail bait". Have a happy birthday young 'un and keep joy in your heart.

glorv1 said...

YAYA, HAPPY BIRTHDAY and have a great day!! You deserve a wonderful time. Let us know what you did and 52 is great. Remember LIFE IS GREAT AND LETS ENJOY EACH MOMENT ALTHOUGH SOMETIMES IT'S A LITTLE ROUGH, WE ALWAYS MAKE IT THROUGH. Happy Birthday amiga. Check out Bob's profile. heheehe.

Tufa Girl said...

Happy Birthday! Just 7 months for me to be 52. I have quit counting as it is only a number even though the eyes are getting weaker and...

I will say I do smile on the inside when a young person does something silly. Not on the outside because we must be wiser. ;D

Dream With the Fishes said...

I came over here from Gloria's blog to wish a most happy birthday! How true about growing older and realizing how out of our hands so many things are. I can't imagine doing it without faith in the Divine. Speaking of laughter and youth...I live by a high school and, oh my goodness, the loud, cackling, hormone-induced maniacal laughter of these young girls! When they're not screaming for no reason, that is. It's not a bad thing to grow out of it. But it's important to be able to smile inside, whether it's showing on the outside or not. And it's obvious that you are. So here's to plenty of inner joy, always!

Clever Karen said...

Have a lovely, lovely day!

YayaOrchid said...

To all who have stopped by to wish me a Happy Birthday, I sincerely wish to thank you! You've my day that much sweeter. Thank you!

Tea Time and Roses said...

Dear Idalia!

Happy Birthday to you my friend!!:o) The blessing of seeing yet another year, wonderful!

I had to smile when you talked of creaking bones, boy I know what you mean.:o) Something else I've noticed over the years...I no longer jump right out of bed in the mornings. I sort of sit there for a few a few moments giving myself a chance to get all together before moving forward, so funny.:o) But like you, the wisdom of years are something indeed wonderful and I would not trade it for anything. Hope you enjoyed the most beautiful Birthday ever!:o)

Smiles...

Beverly

YayaOrchid said...

Beverly, exactly! I too have to kinda 'gather myself' in the mornings, LOL!

Renee said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music