Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Saturday, December 26, 2009

I Fancy This and That



WoolWinder's lifestyle- living near the beautiful ocean. Her new photography blog doesn't have a comments format, but if I could I would tell her how her photos positively make me fancy a life with the sound of the waves always constant- the better to drown out the worrisome noises of living. I would have the sand in my toes whenever I wished. I could feed the seagulls to my heart's content. I would learn to fish and in so doing I would eat healthier, with fish being our primary meat, and in the process lose weight without even trying.

I would live in the woods, in the Hill Country woods, enjoying the songbirds and rugged terrain marked by beautiful holey rocks. The rivers and streams would provide me with music-the better to drown out the sound of my thoughts. I could increase my rock collection, and very easily become a bona-fide bird watcher. Right now, you see, I only watch birds through my windows or when I step outside within the confines of my city.

I would live at the foot of the mountains, always gazing in awe, at the beauty and splendor of the shadows they cast. I would look to the sky, and my heart would rejoice at the sight of the clouds being lower than the peaks. It would take my breath away, like the first time I ever saw a mountain in Monterrey, Mexico or the Ocean in Corpus Christi, Texas and later along the Pacific Highway in California. And Winters would be magical, because you know it always snows near the mountains.

I would live near the desert, the beautiful desert, which is able to provide a livelihood to so many creatures and plants, as sparse as it seems. But I would select a desert near an artist colony, where I could paint my house in bright fiesta colors, and no one would protest. I could also then learn more arts and crafts. This would keep my mind busy- the better to drown out that which is worthless real estate within my thoughts.

In thinking about changes and new beginnings, it's so nice that dreams are free and harm no one. Because you have to start with a plan somewhere, before you can make those dreams come true. Above all, I'm grateful to God that we do have options.

And because bloggie friend's MexicoBob comment somehow reminded me that no matter what, to just have fun, I added a video with a version of the musical score "Pass Me By" (well, he didn't actually say that, but it just reminded me of that).

Love,


8 comments:

Bob Mrotek said...

Yaya,
This is for you in your present mood :)

"Pass Me By"
by Carolyn Leigh

I got me ten fine toes to wiggle in the sand,
Lots of idle fingers snap to my command,
A loverly pair of heels that kick to beat the band,
Contemplating nature can be fascinating,
Add to these a nose that I can thumb, and a mouth by gum have I
So tell the whole wide world, if you don't happen to like it,
Deal me out, thank you kindly, pass me by.
Pass me by, pass me by, if you don't happen to like it, pass me by.

Behold me two great shoes that never saw a shine,
Houses I could hold up with a laundry line.
A loverly patch that hide an awful lot of spine.
Shirtails flying, I'm a blooming dandelion.
Add to these, a grin from ear to ear, all the proper gear have I,
So tell the whole wide world, if you don't like the thought of it,
Bail me out, thank you kindly, pass me by.
Pass me by, pass me by, if you don't happen to like it, pass me by.

YayaOrchid said...

Bob, I found the musical 'score' on utube. I rather like it. So I'm adding it on here with my post. thanks!

glorv1 said...

I always did like Peggy Lee. I think that you've been there, done that and even if it's it your mind, you've thought it therefore you have had a sense of what it would be like. I think like that too. I know there are places I will never see, but I compensate by reading about them or watching specials about Italy, France, Spain. I get carried aways sometimes. It's good to let your thoughts out as you did today. Have a great New Years. A new year is around the corner. Take care.
Oh, I left you an email earlier.

Wool Winder said...

Dreaming is fun, but the secret to happiness is learning to be content with where you are. I used to dream of living in the mountains, then opened my eyes and discovered the ocean in my own backyard. Now I never want to leave. As you contemplate change and new beginnings, I hope you find the place that makes you feel right at home.

YayaOrchid said...

Tracy, there are so many options out there, I could never decide! LOL! You're right about being happy where you are planted though. And I am, I just don't like the Spring and Summer heat we have to endure where we live.

Renee said...

What a beautiful post Yaya.

And thanks for the love, I'm totally digging it.

Love Renee xoxo

FlowerLady said...

That was a wonderful post. Dreams do come true. I am also learning to be content where I've been planted.

Have a wonderful 2010.

FlowerLady

Yaya said...

Renee, love going back right at ya! :)

FlowerLady, thank you! Wishing you a wonderful New Year as well!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music