Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Monday, December 21, 2009

Keeping Busy

A couple of things I've been working on for family gifts. And since they don't read my blog, I thought it would be ok to share on here. These are just some golf towels for a nephew who is in the school golf team. I also placed some lavender sachets in the  little handmade box for a niece.















Handmade items for me are just so much more fun to do for gift giving than going to the store shopping. Too bad not everyone feels like that. To some people, store bought just means better quality. It's just a matter of personal preference.

10 comments:

Tea Time and Roses said...

Hello Idalia!

I love lavender and have my eye on those pretty little lavender sachets in your shop, so pretty!:o) I know your niece will enjoy her gift a whole bunch. I am with you, I enjoy giving and receiving handmade gifts at Christmas. Enjoy creating.:o) Take care my friend.

Smiles...

Beverly

glorv1 said...

Hi yaya. I totally agree with you that handmade gifts are the best. There are people who frown upon this, but hey that's life. Each to his own. Those are great gifts and I know they will love them. During the summer I have a lot of lavender growing and I used to make sachets as well, but the lavender starting getting killed off. Have a great Tuesday.

Tufa Girl said...

Hand made is the best. Besides anyone can go to the store, not everyone has talent or creativity to share. I love all the items you have in your Etsy shop.

YayaOrchid said...

Beverly, thank you! I'm hoping they will enjoy their gifts.

Gloria, I've tried growing lavender, but I can never get it to grow. It's just too hot here.

Thank you Cindy! That is so nice of you!

Renee said...

Yaya I wasn't able to see the pictures but I too love handmade items.

Merry Christmas darling.

xoxoxo

YayaOrchid said...

Renee, I'm glad you stopped by. Don't know why the pictures don't show. They show now though. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas also!

Sandra said...

You know, you are right, there is just nothing like handmade gifts :)

I wanted to come by and say thank you for all the comments you leave on my blog, I know I've been absolutely horrid at blog reading and commenting lately, but after the holidays die down I plan on changing that :)

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year.

Hugs,
Sandra

Renee said...

Merry Christmas dear friend.

xoxoxo

Renee said...

I think homemade gifts are the best! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family!

YayaOrchid said...

Thank you all so much for stopping by! Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music