Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Sunday, January 3, 2010

Karen's Recipe

Clever Karen posted a delicious recipe on her blog that I just had to try. However, as usual, I was up to my old tricks again, tweaking the recipe just a bit. My try at making Spinach Crab Dip was pretty succesful, judging by my little one's reaction. He liked it! Here it is fresh out of the oven:



His complements are all the encouragement in the world that I need.



Very nice on warm slices of a crusty baguette.


Truthfully, I didn't change it very much. Karen's recipe sounded just fine to me. The only tweaking I did was to saute 2 small cloves of garlic and about a tablespoon of finely diced onion in just a wee bit of butter. I added that to the mixture along with a chiffonade of fresh spinach and parsley. This makes a great appetizer! I had planned on making this for New Year's Eve, but I already had so much food out, I decided to make it today. Oh! I almost forgot....I also used two small cans of crab meat instead of just one. Very easy to make so this recipe's a keeper.
Love,

4 comments:

Clever Karen said...

I'm so glad you liked the recipe! Your "tweeks" sound like great ideas! Since I was cooking at my dad's house, I kept the recipe very simple. But I'm sure if I was making it at home the onion and garlic would have been the first things I would add, too! My dad was complaining how expensive the crab was (!) but I agree that 2 cans would be even better. Thanks for the great ideas.

Gloria said...

That's a great recipe and it looks and sounds really good. I would think you can also use other greens besides spinach. I have to try this one out, but I don't have crabmeat and I just got back from exercise and a few errands. Tomorrow I'll pick some up and try it. Thanks.

Tracy said...

Hi, YaYa! Happy New Year! Great to be back from our trip and catching up with you here... Feeling jet-lagged and heart-fuzzy after a sweet Christmas, good to be home and back in blogland. Very much enjoyed a read through your holiday posts. And thank you for a linking to a great recipe...yum! Wishing you & yours all the very best of love, peace & joy in 2010! :o) ((HUGS))

YayaOrchid said...

Hi, Karen! Yes, everyone greatly enjoyed your recipe! But then you always have fantastic recipes and pictures for inspiration on your blog!

Gloria, I agree I think you can try it using other leafy greens. Sounds like a great idea!

Tracy, glad to see you back! It sounds like you had a great time and are fully rested and ready for a new Year ahead!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music