Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Saturday, January 23, 2010

More Comfort Food

Another gorgeous day with a perfect temperature. While not a cold day , it was cool enough for some comfort food. A nice pot of chicken gumbo, courtesy of Ms. Martha.  The only tweaking I did this time was add some corn, and since I only had breaded okra, that's what I used. It doesn't look as good as Martha's, but I can assure you it was delicious. I made the roux as instructed, but the floured okra made the consistency thicker than the original.



Martha's recipe suggests using store bought rotisserie chicken as a time saver, but I just cooked some boneless chicken breasts until golden brown. They don't take very long to cook.


Goes great with rice and cornbread. Simple and fast- I like that in meal preparation.

Love,

3 comments:

Gloria said...

Yes it is or was a nice day for cooking chicken. I did too. I baked a chicken and also did a french bread/tomato/habanero/green onions/cheese dish in the oven. Came out pretty good. Your dish look like a delicious one and I hope you enjoyed it. You probably have enough left over for tomorrow. Have a great Sunday.

Gloria said...

Oh I forgot, I love your new banner. I see you have your "boots" up there. :)

YayaOrchid said...

Thanks Gloria, I hadn't even stopped in at my blog cause I've been so busy today. I appreciate your comments! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music