Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The One Day Way Book Review



ABOUT THIS BOOK


Lose All the Weight You Want, One Meal, One Pound, One Day At a Time!

I've got great news for you: You are about to feel better and look better beginning today! Today is truly a new opportunity for you to reach your weight loss goals. No, you won't fit into your "skinny jeans" today, but I'm going to show you how each day will get you closer to that goal.

Yesterday's mistakes are gone so let them go. You can't control tomorrow, so stop worrying about it. Today is your opportunity to lose weight, get strong, and look great. It won't happen overnight, but you can build a new life by changing your actions immediately and I'm here to show you how to make the changes that will create the new lifestyle you dream of: body, mind, and spirit. Best of all, you will start celebrating right away!

Come on, my friend. Let's get started! By opening this book, I'll show you how to unlock every tool you need to lose weight and get fit —and stay that way for the rest of your life. Success can be yours, what are you waiting for?
-Chantel

Chantel Hobbs


ABOUT THE AUTHOR
author spotlight


The author of Never Say Diet and The Never Say Diet Personal Fitness Trainer, Chantel Hobbs is a motivational speaker, life coach, personal trainer, marathon runner, wife, and mother of four whose story has been featured on Oprah, The Today Show, Good Morning America, Fox & Friends, the 700 Club, and the covers of People and First magazines. She appears weekly on two fitness-themed radio programs and promotes her One-Day Way Learning System on television. Visit Chantel at ChantelHobbs.com for fitness updates and coaching tips.

MY REVIEW

For me, reading this book certainly opened my mind to what losing weight should be all about. The author deftly constructs the case for losing weight based on your own unique goals and situation- and not based on comparing yourself to others. She walks the walk because she's been there. She knows and identifies all the pitfalls that can leave a dieter feeling defeated. She brings them up because she knows you'll be confronted with them....sooner or later. But she also provides several useful tools to help you succeed. In her ''Laying Out The Foundation'' chapter she provides a list of very effective things to do, some of which are Spiritual in nature. I very much liked that! And about exercise......something I felt is just too personal, at least for me....well, she suggests finding a way to 'like it'. I can relate to that. It's like when I tell my kids that success in life is all about attitude. If you decide you're not going to like something, you won't. So I tell them to try and find the positive in situations they dislike. I guess that can very well translate into exercise as well. I'll have to remember that!

In closing, I had determined when I first received this book that I would end up not liking it and that it would just be another diet and exercise book. And I was quite prepared to state that in my review. But in all honesty, after reading it, I will say that it will be of great value and use to me personally. I can say that I believe it will help me in my struggle to lose weight.....but like any book or weight loss product, the rest is up to me. That's the catch. There is no magic pill. That being said, I can very truthfully say that I highly recommend it. I would give it 5 stars out of five.

This book was provided for review by the WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group.

To learn more about or where to purchase this book visit Random House.

7 comments:

Gloria said...

Hi yaya. Sounds like a great book. I've tried everything too and the only thing that is working for me is 1/2 hour to 45 minutes of exercise 5 days a week and just plain moderation. I've been doing this for about 2.5 years since I heard Bobby Flay say, "Forget about diets, they don't work! Just moderate, moderation is the key." And you know I believe that. That's my do it thing for the year is to keep moderating. I'm glad you found something that gives you incentive. Go for it! Keep up your walking too. Take care.

YayaOrchid said...

Thanks Gloria! That sounds like very good advice!

Tea Time and Roses said...

Hello Idalia,

Great book review! Sounds like something that will indeed be quite helpful to so many.

When it comes to weight and weight loss, like so many I have struggled with it most of my adult life, and have read just about every book on the subject.:o) Now I simply try to do as Gloria stated, all things in moderation. I will never be a skinny girl, but I can be a healthy girl and that is indeed my goal. As the years have passed I have come to love my little plump body and do all I can to treat it well.:o) A total healthy self in body, soul, mind and spirit. A wonderful book review my friend. Thank so much!:o) Enjoy a beautiful coming weekend.

Smiles...

Beverly

YayaOrchid said...

Beverly, your comment made me smile. :) Perhaps the greatest thing we can do for ourselves and those we love is precisely to love onself. Good advice from you too my friend!

Tracy said...

Terrific review, YaYa! I'm going to pass this along to my sister, who is looking to lose a little post-baby weight and get healthier. :o) Happy Weekend!

Renee said...

Great review! I am really enjoying your blog and getting to know you. Have a wonderful weekend!

YayaOrchid said...

Tracy, I'm sure she'll find something to help her in the book. Every little bit helps!

Renee, thank you!I appreciate that!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music