Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Sleepless in Texas


It's late and I know better than to be up. I can't help myself though. I wanted to change the blog template, and that takes up so much time. Even now, I still have much to add and move around. So the solitude of the night is my companion, my aid in focusing at the job at hand.

Writing as much as I can has certainly helped me with attaining focus- period. It gives me a sense of purpose. I've become scatterbrained in many respects. I don't like that. Sewing and knitting have gone by the wayside. I don't like that. And for some time now.......sleeplessness. And I don't like that one little bit either.

So, with this being a new year, what better time to 'redecorate' your blog than on one of those sleepless nights? I look at my 'new' blog and it looks so cluttered, an excellent metaphor for my life right now. I am certain, I am positive, that I will snap out of this. I am a daughter of the most high King. It's just that even the King's children have to deal with..well....life.
Love,

9 comments:

Tufa Girl said...

A new format can be so frustrating and yet so much fun! I love what you have done. I feel so warm just looking at your header photo.

My sleeplessness happens just before the alarm goes off. I am always waking up and thinking of things to be done and then can not go back to sleep.

Keri said...

Sorry you are sleepless, but I thought the title was clever!

Gloria said...

It's a pretty nice header. You are always finding good stuff. Wish I could be up late like you, but I need my sleep. Hope you get over your sleepless nights.

Tea Time and Roses said...

Hello Dear Idalia!

I have a few nights every now and then when I am up late tinkering around with things as well.:o) The blog change is beautiful. The color is so soothing, I love it!:o) Soon you will be pass all this sleeplessness and back to knitting, sewing and all the other things you love.:o)

By the way, new blog post coming from me later today!:o) Enjoy a lovely day!:o)

Smiles....

Beverly

Gloria said...

Hi yaya. Maybe right now you are getting much needed sleep, I hope so. Just wanted to stop by and tell you that perhaps walking might help you. I remember you said you were walking before. Maybe you should start it up again or perhaps a treadmill before going to bed. I hope you feel good soon and continue with your shop and making things that you like to make. Take care.

Sandra said...

I love the new format.

I'm sorry you couldn't sleep, I have nights like that.

YayaOrchid said...

TufaGirl, I'm glad the header picture evoked warmth. That's exactly why I liked it too. And because I love white sandy beaches!

Thanks, Kerri! I was going to put my city name, but decided against it.

Thanks Gloria! I just need to go back to my old routine. It's just a matter of time.


Beverly, I am so looking forward to your new post! And thanks for your nice comment!

Sandra, I decided to use the same template site that you use because of the multiple columns. Thanks!

Lady Prism said...

* There are nights wherein I stay awake as well. Last night was one of those.

* Your blog is pretty and certainly very interesting. I'm glad I clicked on it.

* I hope you are well rested by this time. Hugs! :D

YayaOrchid said...

Lady Prism, how very nice to have you stop by. As it happens, it is now 12:51AM and I am wide awake! But I shall retire to bed shortly. Just popped in to take a look at the blog. Thank you so much for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music