Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Thursday, January 21, 2010

Spring Joy



Today was a gorgeous Spring like day. Made me want to go out and window shop. I'm glad I went to Michael's and found these gorgeous faux tulips. They just shouted Springtime to me! Another plus is that they feel like real tulips too. The leaves have a velveety texture which resemble the real thing. On sale too for $2 so I bought enough for a small bouquet. Each stem is quite long, and I can't decide whether to cut them down. I'm liking the way they look as is. My dining/kitchen area is teensy, so the stems look huge in comparison, but every time I walk in, the sight of these tulips just cheers me up so much! Joyful! Just joyful!




Also found these simple faux zinnias for a buck each, also nice textured stems. I improvised with an old cylinder shaped wine container for a vase. All my old vases are in the garage, along with a myriad of things I hope to include in a garage sale some day. I'll likely end up taking them to Goodwill. They're taking up valuable storage space.



I think I needed something to remind me of future Spring blooms. Every time I step outside all I see are the forlorn and rotting vegetation left from the recent freeze we had. I do love cold weather, just wish the garden didn't suffer.



So, if you're in the market for some pretty florals, this is probably the time to get the best selection. I also found some nice filler flowers for my front door wreath. I usually just change the flowers and ribbons for each season. Right now I've got a Valentine themed wooden wreath. Once that day is gone, I'll hang the Spring wreath. And then next month I have to replace the flowers at the cemetery for my Mom and Dad. I like to do my own floral arrangements. I just cannot justify paying the prices that the flower shops charge. After doing your own florals for a while, you accumulate enough supplies to make arrangements for almost any occasion.



Love,

8 comments:

Gloria said...

Oh what a nice post yaya. I love your little kitchen area. It's so cozy. Glad that you are in better spirits now and looking forward to
Spring. I did a post a few moments ago and decided to delete it. It wasn't uplifting so I just poofed it. haha. Thanks for sharing this nice uplifting post. Take care.

Tufa Girl said...

Lovely flowers. I do enjoy silk and faux flowers because they last so much longer. And I can not forget to refill the water. ;D

YayaOrchid said...

Hi, Gloria! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I wish all my posts were uplifting, but some are downright in the 'blues' area. I always enjoy your posts.

TufaGirl, real flowers are for the garden! Like your garden flowers! Beautiful!

Lady Prism said...

* Ooooh, absolutely gorgeous! Me' thinks I will head out and buy me some too!

* It's a lovely day here today as well. So much sunshine, cool breeze and bird songs!

* Enjoy your day! :D

Tracy said...

WOW--those tulips do look very real, YaYa! Those and the colorful daisies are so cheerful. Many places now have some really terrific silk and faux flowers that look so real, you have to touch to be sure. Your faux arrangements are idea for winter. Wishing you & yours a happy weekend! Oh, and thanks so much for the lovely comment you left at my photo blog. Starting to get the hang of the photography thing. ;o) ((HUGS))

YayaOrchid said...

Lady Prism, your neck of the woods has so much beautiful greenery, I think you are blessed to enjoy it year round. And bird songs! I think I should go back to breeding canaries- well, maybe just have one or two singing males.

Tracy, I think your tulips inspired me more than anything to buy these. but yours are the real thing! Thanks for stopping by!

Renee said...

They are beautiful and so is the table cloth.

Have a wonderful weekend.

xoxox

YayaOrchid said...

thank you Renee! It's actually a plain vinyl tablecloth- $2 at Big Lots!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music