Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Sunday, January 31, 2010

Welcoming a New Blogger

I remember well when I first made my foray into the blogging world. I was unsure if I could even think of things to blog about. One thing I will never forget is that it was my dear friend Beverly from Tea Time and Roses who gave me a warm welcome and offered her help if I should need it. I learned from her that the blogging community is full of warm, friendly and helpful people. I also decided based on that experience that I too would try to 'pay it forward' when the opportunity arose. In a way, I did that by trying to be helpful to my friend Gloria from Viva La Vida by making posts about her and trying to direct readers to her blog. Gloria however, was already an experienced blogger, as she had already had a blog before the one she now authors.

I think the real opportunity to pay it forward came recently through Facebook and Swagbucks, where I 'met' another very nice lady who just barely started her own blog. I wanted to introduce her to the nice people who visit my blog. Her name is Michelle, and she is a stay at home Mom, a former air Stewardess, or flight attendant. She has so many ideas for being thrifty and saving money, and I just know her blog, Thoughts and Ideas, which is also titled "Girl in Air' in blogger, will be a great success! Please join me in giving her a warm welcome and visiting her blog. And please, do leave her a comment....or two ;)........As bloggers isn't that the one thing we aspire to? Comments, of course! I always say that comments to a blogger are like applause to an artist. So please head on over to her blog and pay her a friendly visit. You'll be glad you did, because already from the looks of it, she has some super helpful tips posted.

11 comments:

Gloria said...

How nice of you to welcome her like that. It's always a little hard when you start out. Once she gets the hang of it and finds out how much fun and meaningful blogging can be, she will be very happy that she decided to blog. Thanks to you, she's getting her head start. Have a great day and thx for thinking of me too. Take care and have a great week.

YayaOrchid said...

Thank you for stopping by and for commenting! I really appreciate that!

Renee said...

Yaya - you are wonderful! What a great thing to do. I'll stop by and say hello to her.

Sharon said...

Thanks for introducing her to us. I can't wait to go over and visit her blog. I'm certain I'll be a regular reader just based on your recommendation alone!

YayaOrchid said...

Thank you Renee! I'm sure she'll enjoy meeting you!

Sharon, I like your new picture! You've got great style! And thank you, I know she'll also enjoy meeting you. :)

Tracy said...

Those friendly, welcoming and fun comments in the beginning, oh I remember those too--they gave me the courage to keep blogging, keep sharing and creating. Those early days were wonderful. And to be able to extend that welcoming hand to others--it is a blessing. Off to meet Michelle! Happy week, YaYa :o)

MY LIFE said...

WOW...I feel so special..Thank you so much for your Welcome and introducing me to the Blog World. It brought me to tears of HAPPINESS and JOY....I can't wait to write a HOW TO about blogging and share everything you taught me so far...I really feel I couldn't have done this without you. I've never read a blog before (or I didn't know what I was reading was a blog) or met a blogger...You inspire me. You are by far the GREATEST friend I NEVER met..Thank you

MY LIFE said...

Not sure I like your live traffic feed..it appears that I'm stocking you. LOL..just studying, learning, and catching up:)Well at least now I know to never tell you I read your blog when I didn't cause you will always know:)

Dida said...

hello yaya...
how nice of you to introduce us to Michelle, i will surely drop by her blog.
And how wisely said "comments to a blogger are like applause to an artist. " can i use this in future...
and also thank u for your encouragement about my painting, it means a lot to me.
have a nice day.
dida

YayaOrchid said...

Michelle, you're doing great! Everything slowly falls into place. You'll see. I can see you're already having fun with blogging. Good for you!

Dida, I was very sincere about your art. It's whimsical and beautiful. And as to the 'comments' phrase, sure, go right ahead and use it. There's no copyright to language, I always say, LOL!

YayaOrchid said...

OOps, Tracy, I missed your comment. I am so glad you stopped by, and thank you for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music