Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Woman At The Window



Here we are five days into the new year, and already this will be my fourth 'journal entry'. Why that's almost an entry a day! Now if I could just keep this up. Like most bloggers, I go into long lapses in writing because I think to myself that my writing could not possibly be of interest to anyone. I guess I need to remind myself of one the reasons why I began to blog: as a form of expression. Like the artist who picks up the brushes and starts painting on a blank canvas, I pick up my keyboard and begin to type about the things which stir within me. Slowly I begin to see the portrait I am trying to depict with words. It's like looking through a window into a faraway horizon, and with each stroke seeing details of that horizon more clearly.

I realize my last post was almost cryptic, and it really was not my intention to sound mysterious. I think it was just an exercise in writing honestly and from the heart. It was certainly an exercise in writing outside of my comfort zone. I may decide to pursue the topic in a future post, but I have a feeling I won't. Quite simply because some things are better left unsaid. Besides, it's time to move on, turn a new leaf and let go of old baggage. And on to better and bigger things!

Love,

3 comments:

Gloria said...

I like that painting of the woman at the window. I wonder what she is thinking about as she stares out into the yonder. Have a great
Wednesday.

FlowerLady said...

I love that painting too. I think that depicts most of us at any given time. We are looking out into space, contemplating life and all that it entails. We have good days and we have bad days and days that are in between.

For our health, mentally, physically and spiritually, we do have to let go of the baggage and move along. Each day is new, full of possibilities and learning experiences, joys and sorrows.

Have a lovely day Idalia.

Hugs ~ FlowerLady

Bob Mrotek said...

Yaya,
I read everything that you write with great interest. You are a leader. Lead on...!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music