Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Monday, February 8, 2010

Good Reads and Fun Needleart

Busy Monday here. Great start to a new week! I see it as a positive when there's work to be done. Apart from the usual housework, garden type variety, I've got a book review to do in the weeks ahead. Got my books in the mail today. Looks to be some good reading!

This time it's two books. "Dancing with My Father" is the one I have eagerly looked forward to reading. I assume it's about what it is like to trust completely in my heavenly Father, much as we do our earthly Fathers.


This one titled "Mother-Daughter Duet" promises to be about building a good Mom/Daughter relationship. Both are soft cover books.

Also busy over the weekend embroidering a baby blanket for a customer/friend.

Work consisted of merely adding a design and personalizing with name and a monogram.


I'm hoping she'll like the embroidery.

The blanket still shows some of the water soluble stabilizer. It comes off easily in the wash or by spritzing with some water. Not a big deal. I try to remove as much as possible, but I don't dare get too close to the stitches with my little scissors. Better to let the water take care of that. Hoping to get the parcel in the mail tomorrow.

Watched "Chuck" on the telly earlier. It's become my Sweetie's and my new favorite show. It's a little bit of James Bond mixed with some geek squad comedy. It's also the only one of the new shows I like. But then, I'll take the "Beverly Hillbillies" any day over any of the new-fangled shows. Which would explain why my new picture on Facebook is that of Granny.

Time to go check the Swagbucks fan page. Like everyone there who stays up late, I too am hoping for my midnight buck!

12 comments:

Tracy said...

Wonderful embroidery, YaYa--looks like you've had fun playing with your machine! I'd not known about this book before... will check that out. I saw "Chuck" while we were in the US visiting family at Christmas... it's very geeky--LOL! Happy Week :o) ((HUGS))

YayaOrchid said...

Thank you Tracy! I go for long periods of not using the machine actually. but it's always fun creating something with it. Glad you also saw Chuck. Isn't it a hoot?

Michell said...

I love that blanket!!!! Can't wait to cuddle my baby in it....I wish I had time to read...I miss a good book..A new baby and a new blog is taking all my time :)

Gloria said...

That's a great baby blanket yaya. Your friend is a very lucky person. I'm sure she will like it for her baby very much. Those books look like a good read too. Hey, that's good that you too are keeping busy. I wish I could sew good like you, but my sewing is ugh. :D Take care.

YayaOrchid said...

Hi, Michelle! I am so hoping you like it! Got tied up this morning, but I'll try and get it out no later than tomorrow.

Gloria, you do sew good. You're so busy with painting and all, it's hard to squeeze in another hobby. I should know, cause there's a ton of stuff I wish I had time for! Thanks for your nice comment.

Renee said...

Wonderful embroidery ~ you are really gifted! Looking forward to your book reviews. Have a great week.

YayaOrchid said...

Renee, that is such a sweet comment, and thank you!

Dida said...

oh wow that looks like some awesome embroidery.
i have also heard a lot about Check, i need to check it out.
i miss my reading habit. back in the day, i was an active reader, not any more.
hope u got my mail.
have a nice day...
dida

YayaOrchid said...

Check? Dida is that an art site?

Ya me too. I need to do more reading.

tea time and roses said...

Hello Dear Idalia!

Your blog is getting prettier and prettier by the day. You have made some beautiful changes.

Don't you just love new books and these sound wonderful. Looking forward to the reviews. Your embroidery is beautiful!:o) Lovely work! Enjoy a most fabulous week my friend.

Smiles...

Beverly

Elaine said...

Hi Yaya....been enjoying looking through some of your past few posts. I've been pretty much AWOL from the blogworld since the first of the year.....so many things to do. I think I'm like you and need several more hours in my day! :)

I'm going to try to find some of that Lucinci Italia seasoning that you were talking about. It sounds like something I could really use. Jim doesn't like a real strong oregano flavor in things so I think that might just be the thing. Hey and your rolls with the sesame seeds look SO good. I've also been wanting to bake more...once again, it's just about making the time to do it.

I've been hearing a lot about Swagbucks....maybe I'll give it a try. I'm already on Facebook a lot so I'll take a look. What is your Twitter name....I'll look you up and follow you. I'm not on there nearly as much as Facebook, but I'm starting to get the hang of it. If you want to be my FB friend you can get to my profile by clicking on the Facebook badge on my blog.

Oh, and one more thing.....I just loved that video you had posted with all the beautiful Mexican colors. It was just gorgeous. I'd love to incorporate some of those colors in my life too. It was just really a feel good video. I'm sure I'll be watching it again! :)

Well....gotta go...just thought I'd do a little "catching up" and let you know I enjoyed your posts.

Elaine

YayaOrchid said...

Oh, Elaine! Your comment has really made my day! I feel like you really do understand what I blog about, and what "I'm" about too! LOL!

thank you! I'll go look you up on Facebook and twitter!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music