Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Friday, February 26, 2010

Public Option

I found this video while mucking around on Facebook. It's from a political commentator.
Now, I try to stay away from politics and political views, because after all, each is entitled to their own. But I wanted to share what I think is a human/humane perspective that so many people who believe they're right are not seeing.



I'm a Christian, always labeled myself as very conservative, but for some time now it appears that the movement of the conservative right really does not reflect my views or really even those of Christianity. In some areas perhaps they do of course, but greatly lacking in others. Above all, perhaps the greatest deficit is in compassion. And truthfully, there is just so much hatred spewing out among those groups that it is becoming increasingly clear to me that the message of loving one another is getting lost.

So under the flag of Christianity they feel justified in promoting agendas which really are aimed at protecting wealthy corporations. The most obvious example is efforts to not allow the public option in health care reform. I see this as blatant support of the insurance corporations and all their cronies. Remember these are the same folks who have made it difficult for families to get the adequate health care they need. These are the same folks you have to first get permission from to approve almost any medical procedure. It shouldn't be that way. On PBS I have seen documentaries of families being asked to make difficult decisions to be eligible for healthcare. One family even considered divorce as a viable alternative to qualify for aid for a very sick child. These awful things are happening all around us! Like Mr. Olbermann mentions, perhaps until it happens to you or a loved one can you fully understand what this is about and why it's so important to speak up!

5 comments:

Bob Mrotek said...

Yaya,
I'm with you..."Test all things" and "Hold on to that which is good".

YayaOrchid said...

Hey Bob! thanks for stopping by!

Gloria said...

...and I agree with Bob yaya. Have a great weekend.

Patty said...

Yaya, I have enjoyed looking through your blog this morning..thank you for coming to mine and your encouragement! I;ll be back to visit.

YayaOrchid said...

Hi Gloria! good to see you stopping by!

Patty, I so much enjoyed my visit at your blog! Another wonderful place like Beverly's for feeling renewed and 'rested'. But then the word of God has a way of doing that doesn't it? Thank you for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music