Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Saturday, March 6, 2010

Biscuit Update

Another gorgeous day! I say gorgeous because it's cloudy, overcast, and misty! Perfect combo! Heat, heat , stay away, don't come back for quite a spell. Sweetie was outside planting my lemon eucalyptus trees and a couple of other plants that were waiting in pots.

While he was outside, I was inside cooking up a big pot of pinto beans with plenty of salt pork and epazote, garlic and onions. Frijoles en bola, or unmashed beans go mighty fine with either cornbread, or in this case, biscuits. I did in fact make Diane's recipe for biscuit mix, and whipped up a batch. I am here to tell you they are delicious! Taste better than McDonald's! And woo!hoo! now I too can whip up a batch anytime I want to enjoy them with coffee and with my Sweetie! Even Sweetie complimented me, so they really must be good. Thanks Diane for sharing! I'll tell you what, those frijolitos really hit the spot. And my mix looks oh so pretty in the glass jar. Next time I make them, I'll be sure to take a picture. This time around they werent big and fluffy, but I think I rolled the dough out too thin. What I liked about the dough is that after I'd let it rest for about 10 minutes, when I came back to roll it out, it felt almost like yeasty dough, all puffy and soft. Yet even though I spread the the dough a wee bit too much, the flavor is wonderful.

As for the rest of the day, it revolves around chores around here. I always still make time to stop and check the going ons of the cyberworld. So until next post, on this same bat channel, have a great day!

3 comments:

Georgina said...

Oh YaYa, love it. Went over to her blog and made a copy for myself...can't wait to try all her variations. Oh yea, I forgot I'm on a strict diet...but one must have a little treat to stay on the main course!! LOL

xxoo,
Georgina

YayaOrchid said...

That's right Georginna! Like our friend Gloria always says 'everything with moderation'! I agree a little indulgence every once in a while is part of that, LOL!

Gloria said...

Hey yaya. Sorry I haven't been around. Today though I am backtracking and making my rounds before I have to leave again this weekend. Those biscuits sound really good and man those beans are to die for. I haven't cooked beans in a little while so I need to do that in case my husband has to fend for himself for a few days. Biscuits next to tortillas are one of my favorites. Talk to you later, got to catch up a little.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music