Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Friday, March 5, 2010

Jar Update

I just wanted to post a quick update on the blog. I know I've been away from blogging too much.  Writing has to remain a constant in my life as a form of expression. So I couldn't stay away for long.

On this chilly, misty day I set out to Kmart looking for those glass jars I mentioned in one of my previous posts. Nada. No luck there. Even went to Goodwill hoping they might have some nice sized jars for my biscuit mix. No luck on that front. But I did find some very nice 100% linen skirts. I figured I can easily turn them into some cool aprons. I just love linen! The jars not easily forgotten, I then ventured to Walmart where I finally found them. The lid was not in the color I wanted, since it was a plain silver tone, but like Diane mentioned they can easily be painted to that nice "Martha Stewart green shade" I so love. There was only one size available, which I think is the 1 quart size, but I bought it anyway. I would love the gallon size. A search indicates the Container Store carries them. So next time I make a trip to San Antonio, I'll have to stop by the store and look for them. I am also going to be on the lookout for these jars the next time I go to the flea market. They have such a utilitarian look, I just know they'll always come in handy.

I will definitely make a post about how the biscuits turn out for me. My next post should be my book review for the two books I received last month and hopefully a simple recipe I'd like to share.

3 comments:

Gloria said...

I see those jars at Walmart all the time. When you paint the lids, be sure to seal them really good. I love glass jars. After I read your posts about the jars, I looked in my pantry and I knew I had lots of large jars (4 or 5) so I ran them through the dishwasher and filled one with flour, sugar, chcolate packages and tea. Now I can see when the sugar is running low or the flower. I prefer the glass jars. Mine have a glass lid.
Well I do hope you post from time to time to get your thoughts on paper so to speak.
Have a great weekend. I look forward to your post the the biscuits.

Renee said...

Those jars look great! I use mostly glass for my pantry stuff and I am always on the look out for great jars. Have a great weekend.

YayaOrchid said...

Thanks Renee and Gloria! Appreciate your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music