Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Saucy Alfredo Chicken

Just a short post on what I made for dinner. I like to think it's Chicken Alfredo, because it's saucy. But I do tend to veer away from basic recipes anyway. I like to 'add' lots of extra ingredients. So maybe this is just my "Saucy Chicken" . Looking up a recipe for Creamy Alfredo sauce will yield so many different ways to make it. The important thing is that all it really is is the mixing of any dairy product that will give the creaminess (whipping cream, cream cheese, yogurt, sour cream,etc.) with your aromatics (garlic,onions, celery, and/or green peppers). Some recipes don't use the aromatics at all.

What I did initially was to cut up some boneless chicken breasts and just fry them til golden brown in a little bit of oil, and set aside.


I then just added the garlic first and fried till somewhat browned, then the onions,celery and a little bit of sweet bell pepper (for sweetness). Last I added some butter and proceeded to add mushrooms and some chopped sun ripened tomatoes which I first hydrated in water with some dried chile peppers. Into the pot they all went. At this point you can remove the garlic, which I use whole but crushed so I can easily remove it before the liquids are added.


Last, I merely added about a 1/4 cup of white wine to help deglaze and the whipping cream. Because I wanted lots of sauce, I also added some yogurt. I allowed the cream to simmer down until thick, and added parmesan cheese.


Finally served over a bed of pasta with a side of steamed veggies and topped with more grated parmesan cheese. French or Italian bread optional.


My version and quite simple too actually. We had enough for 4 people and then some leftovers as well. What I did with the leftover pasta was mix it into the saucy chicken for another ready made meal.

17 comments:

Sue said...

Ooooooooooo Looks yummy!!! Will have to try that out sometime!

YayaOrchid said...

Thanks Suzanne! It's so easy too!

Dida said...

great recipe ...gotta try it...
i m a vegetarian, so would only cook the sauce and pasta...
also thank you!! for all your ideas and suggestions about sawbucks...
take care..
dida

Georgina said...

Looks good, but I tend to veer away from any kind of Alfredo sauces. It happened one night many years ago after a feast at one of my Italian eateries in the area. I had wonderful meal which included Fettuccine Alfredo. Needless to say, not the fault of the mentioned meal, but a stomach flu I contracted from my children, let's just say I had too many servings of Fettuccine Alfredo that evening..bleh!! So I've never had it since then.

Keep up the great recipes. Have your biscuit one and am going to make a doz this weekend.

xxoo,
Georgina

YayaOrchid said...

Dida, thank you! And you're welcome! In fact just plain pasta and Alfredo sauce sounds perfect also! :)

Georgina, LOL! You made me laugh. Maybe make a small amount so you CAN'T overdo it? I'll bet you'll go back to liking it. Oh! And about the biscuit mix, the first time I made them I was able to cut out about a dozen from the recipe. But the thing is the last ones turn out kinda flat- still very good and tasty- but not as thick as the first ones. So maybe figure on cutting out only about 8? that way they'll be nice and puffy. Just my $.02 cents worth, LOL!

Renee said...

This looks and sounds really good!

YayaOrchid said...

Thanks Renee!!

Tracy said...

This looks really tasty, YaYa! I don't eat meat anymore, but my Hubby does and he would just love this! Thank you for sharing a great recipe. :o) Oh, and thank you for the very sweet comment at my photo blog. Yes, our Charlie sure is a character...LOL!

tea time and roses said...

Hello Dear Idalia!

How yummy this looks, and I know it taste wonderful!:o) I love pasta just about any way it is cooked!:o)

Hope you are enjoying a most beautiful week my friend.:o) Chat with you soon.

Smiles...

Beverly

YayaOrchid said...

Tracy, I can never get enough of my Charlie fix, LOL!

YayaOrchid said...

Beverly, we must've posted at the same time, LOL! I'm so very happy you stopped by my friend!

Elaine said...

Boy this looks really good! Looks like this might wind up on next week's menu. ;)

YayaOrchid said...

Hi, Elaine! It sure is nice to hear from you! Have a wonderful week!

Gloria said...

Hi yaya. Trying to catch up on friends posts. Wow, looks delish. I could have a serving, can't I? I have so much catching up to do before I leave tomorrow so I will say have a great week and take care and I love the dish.

YayaOrchid said...

Hi, Gloria! I'm intrigued, so where are you going?

Clever Karen said...

mmmmmmm, looks amazing!

YayaOrchid said...

Thank you Karen! I assure you it tasted and smelled better than it looks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music