Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Thursday, April 1, 2010

Adoro!

Ever since I can remember, I have loved the songs by Mexican Composer Armando Manzanero. I was looking through YouTube and found several of them, some sung by other artists as well. I have to say I was surprised to find this duet he did with Placido Domingo in front of the Chichen Itza ruins. What surprised me was hearing him sing a few stanzas in Maya language. He explains in the beginning that his Grandmother never spoke Spanish, and that all his interaction with her was in Mayan. What a beautiful story! What a giant of a man in spite of his short stature! This happens to be one of my favorite if not my all time favorite song. Yes, I'm an incurable romantic! Enjoy!



And this would've been another favorite-oh but there are so many of his songs which are absolutely beautiful! The title is "Somos Novios" which means 'We're Boyfriend and Girlfriend', only it sounds so much more formal and romantic in Spanish.



And back again to 'Adoro' because I like this version better.




This is what happens when you stay up late. You blog because during the day there never seems to be enough time to do so.

4 comments:

Persuaded said...

Oh, that is pretty! I have never heard this style of music before... it is lovely♥ Thanks so much for sharing, m'dear.

Georgina said...

Yaya, I'm sitting here with huge goose bumps!! I love Placido and of course Armando Manzanero...I love it, love it, love it!!! Believe it or not, I have a CD of beautiful songs written by Mexican artists and sung by Andre Bottcelli....beautiful also.

I grew up with these beautiful songs and artists. Check out Augustin Lara. one of his favorite subjects was Spain and my grandmother's parents were from Barcelona, so she was especially fond of him.

Again, thanks and going to go back and listen to get my goose bumps back!! LOL

xxoo,
Georgina

YayaOrchid said...

Hi, Diane! Glad you stopped by. Must head over to your blog too little lady!

Georginna, then you must have similar taste in music as I do. I also get goose bumps listening to these classics. I also love Agustin Lara, famous composer that he was. And Jose Alfredo Jimenez....there's quite a lot of them. Glad you stopped by!

tea time and roses said...

Hello Idalia!

Beautiful music communicates in any language. Thank you so much for sharing, so lovely.

Happy Easter to you and your family my friend. Enjoy a beautiful weekend.

Smiles...

Beverly

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music