Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Saturday, July 17, 2010

Of Things That Touch My Heart

Earlier, I happened upon an article in the newspaper that I knew I simply had to follow up and try to find the video. It wasn't front page news, just a small article about a Jewish Holocaust survivor who after 63 years was able to visit the Auschwitz death camp where he had been a prisoner. The wonderful thing about the story is the fact that he was able to go there again with his Grandchildren! And to dance upon the soil which had been the victor of his nightmares, no doubt. I was touched deeply at this fine example of the triumph of the human spirit.The music selected for this video is perfect-the better to depict what it is to be a true survivor. I viewed the video with tears running down my face, because I fully comprehend the significance of this victory dance. I could sense and feel the mixture of joy and sorrow- a bittersweet illustration of being able to still smile and laugh and dance after all the pain endured. I cannot even begin to imagine being able to look back at the horror which he lived in the flesh, with such strength and dignity. I hope the video goes viral and millions are able to see it. We must never forget.



5 comments:

Renee said...

I saw this and was deeply touched as well. I agree - we must never forget!

So good to see you back posting! You've been missed.

Georgina said...

Lady, you've been missed. I've seen the video...it too brought tears to my eyes. I grew up in a predominantly Jewish neighborhood and heard many stories of how many survived. It was common to see my friends parents and grandparents wearing the tattooed number on their arm. For many years, I hated Germans...I got over it!!!

Take care and God bless.

Georgina

MICHELL said...

Very touching..Thank you for sharing!

P.S.
I'm having No luck with Etsy..but then again I don't really promote like I should BUT I just added a paypal button on my blog so if someone stops by then they could just skip the Etsy step...thought you might want to too:-)

tea time and roses said...

Hello Idalia!

So happy to see a new post here! I am afraid the video is no longer available for me to see. The Jewish people are a special people, no we can never forget.

Again thanks for all the wonderful links you shared. I have been so busy in the shop, and still yet have to take my photo. I am really looking forward to taking part in that.

Enjoy a lovely week my friend.

Smiles....

Beverly

YayaOrchid said...

Renee, thank you! I want you and all who visit my blog that I truly from the heart appreciate it!

Georginna, your comment touched my heart. Thank you for your support of my blog. I appreciate it!

Hi, Michell! Same here, not much going on with Etsy, but then I don't promote or blog as I should. This may be the last time I renew my listings. I'll just do what you did with the PP button. Thanks for the tip!

Beverly, it's always a blessing for me to hear from you. You've always been a constant and true friend. I so appreciate you and your friendship!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music