Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Better To Feel His Love

My dear friend Beverly wrote such a beautiful post, I just know she was led of the Lord to write it. And I think perhaps he had me in mind to read it. As of late, I've been having a few physical struggles, none too great, but difficult nonetheless. So it's wonderful to read something that speaks to the heart of all our struggles, that feeling you get when you feel as though no one can possibly understand what you're going through. And the answer is simple, it's all right there in his word, in his book of love and sacrifice- the Holy Bible.

But what is absolutely awesome to me is how pain and suffering can bring us closer to our creator and to his love- if we only pause to think of him and to try to listen to his voice. And even more awesome is the way he uses people to bring the messages we need to hear to increase our faith and our growth. Even through cyberspace! Another sweet friend, Diane also gave me the words I needed to feel encouraged in one of her comments.

And so it is that once again, I feel encouraged and motivated to write another post, this time to share that I just walked 15 blocks again! Oh what a feeling! It's just a sort of note to myself to remind me that yes I can do this! This morning I was crying feeling sorry for myself, and here I am, full of hope again. God is good!

8 comments:

FlowerLady said...

I always love getting those little uplifting bits that God sends our way. They always seem to be just when we need them. To me it shows he deeply cares about every part of our lives.

May you feel His love, peace, strength and healing surrounding and flowing through you.

FlowerLady

YayaOrchid said...

FlowerLady, you too ALWAYS give me the right word at the right time. May the Lord bless you and increase your health and wellbeing. Thank you for being a friend!

Adrienne said...

It's never a mistake when He speaks to us through others. I love that about Him! :)

Melysah said...

You're an awesome blogger! Visit my blog to grab your "Versatile Blogger" Award!

http://quintessentialhousewife.blogspot.com/2010/09/versatile-blogger-award.html

Lisa Ladrido said...

You have an award waiting on my blog!
~Lisa

I am all a twitter about life

tea time and roses said...

Thinking of you today and wanted to take a moment to wish you a most beautiful weekend. Congrats on that long walk, simply fantastic!:o)

Smiles♥

Beverly

Johanna said...

You just have been awarded the "Lovely Blog Award", please visit http://www.momstreehouse.com/ to claim it. Congrats! : )

maceolove said...

I guess God inspired you to leave my a lovely comment on my blog. Thank you so much. I struggle so much with my writing and am trying to write a book. Words of encouragement are always accepted. May he always keep you close. Ameen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music