Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Thursday, November 18, 2010

Fiber Festival Sights

Over the weekend we made a little trip to Boerne where the Kid n' Ewe Fiber Festival was held. If you know anything about me, you know that I love to spin fiber. Not that I do it very often, but the spinning bug usually bites me around this time of year. So of course this festival is one I try not to miss.
We've been going to this event for about five years now. There were lots of very nice booths with vendors bringing all sorts of goodies. Lots of knitting supplies and knit items could be had besides fiber. Even a booth showing how to make lace. So many beautiful sights to behold, but at times I was overwhelmed because I didn't quite know which way to go or what items to look at first. I felt like a kid in a candy store. There was so much to see!

This lady spinning her fiber. There were spinning wheels everywhere.


This young lady was spinning on her drop spindle fashioned from a CD.


This nice lady is making lace with some beautiful bobbins. Notice the lovely lace around her blouse and the strip of lace she is creating.





The yarns were beautiful and of course fibers both raw and in bats and rovings were plentiful. I was a happy camper bringing home my little stash of bunny angora, mohair, and flax fiber.



So why would I want fiber when all I have is a drop spindle? Well, it's my belief that I will someday own a spinning wheel and I want to be ready with fiber for that day. Always hopeful! Until next time, have a little faith!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music