Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Sunday, December 12, 2010

Mushroom Quesadillas Video

Hospitality at its simplest and best. This family offers their guests a royal banquet:
Quesadillas stuffed with locally grown mushrooms squash blossoms and epazote along with other mushroom based sides. Yummy! I am in love with the lush green scenery of Veracruz Mexico!




4 comments:

Georgina said...

OMG!!! I'm starving now!! LOL I've never heard of anything like that, but then, the cuisines of Mexico are like any other place in the world, regional! My family's from the Northern region of Mexico, so I grew up eating tamales de elote, made with ground white corn, queso Minonita y chile rajas...in my home, they are a delicacy as compared to the more popular tamales.

Anyway, thanks for the video and some childhood memories. When I was a child I would sometimes spend the night with my maternal grandparents in Juarez and my grandmother would take me to the mercado, a magical place, and I'd watch the line of "tortilla ladies," my nickname for them, make tortillas while yelling out they were for sale.

Gloria said...

Great video. My favorites, I make them all the time. Thanks for sharing.

YayaOrchid said...

Georgina, You have the most awesome stories! You should blog about them. I know i would love to read them!

Gloria, I love quesadillas too!

Mexico in my kitchen said...

Great video. I love to watch those videos of our people cooking their simple and healthy cuisine.
Saludos Yaya!

Mely

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music