Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Cold Day In The Neighborhood

I love the cool brisk weather that a front brought in. Perfect for opening windows to air out the house and for listening to the chirps of the red cardinals and little finches flitting about in the yard. This time of year is great because we get a little bit more variety for our bird watching. Which reminds me, I must make a trip to the store for more bird seed.


I stepped outside to try and get a picture of the cardinals, but they didn't wait around for my camera. I did take some shots of the white wing doves, though they blend so well with the trees that it's hard to see them.

The pomelo grapefruits were plentiful this season, guess it's time to harvest them.


I should probably harvest the few sweet Royal limes we got this year. Not too many this time around.

Meyer lemons were plentiful, but the tangerine harvest was so small compared to last year.

I should probably remove the Christmas wreath. But it is a winterberry wreath, and well, it's still Winter.

I say bring on Valentine season- but not the heat!

3 comments:

Tufa Girl said...

Tell me, are the Royal Limes different than the Persian Limes? I must have one!

Only in Laredo could you enjoy this cold front. It is in the low 30's now with expected low 20's over night here in Fort Worth.

Yaya, I don't know you knew I finally sold the house and have moved in with my sweetie.

Life has been very busy in both our homes as of late. Except for the coffee thing (ouch), I am happy to hear you are doing well.

Gloria said...

Good to see you posting again yaya. Wow, great harvest and we just picked our oranges, tangerines and there are still more left on the trees. I don't have Meyer lemons, thoses are great. I've got to look for that tree. We have about 3 lemon trees and 3 limes, but a Meyer we don't. Sounds like you are enjoying your days, that's great. Take care and thx for sharing.

YayaOrchid said...

Cindy, Persian limes are tart like regular or key limes right? Well these are actually sweet. My Grandmother had another variety that she called 'sweet lemon' because it too was sweet but larger, like Sunkist lemons, only round.

So happy for you that you can enjoy the cold weather with your Sweetie! Sure helps keep those feet warm, right? LOL! I only wish I'd gotten to meet you in person at ARE. Well, maybe someday we can meet in the Dallas area. :)

Oh Gloria, I know you have the most amazing fruit trees! The Meyer lemons I'm not crazy about. They're tart like lemons, but also smell and taste like a tart tangerine. I have to figure out what to do with them. Maybe lemon curd? Thanks for stopping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music