Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Monday, January 31, 2011

Journey

I remembered. When I awoke I remembered that today is her birthday. And I had a decision to make. Do I acknowledge it, or do I stick to my decision concerning her to just- let- it- go.
I wish I could say I'm a decisive person. Sometimes I am, but sometimes I struggle. So I gave myself permission to momentarily forget about it. Then around 6Pm when we came back from running some errands, I heard a voice- maybe my conscience, maybe the Lord's voice speaking to me. What if tomorrow never comes? What if you die or God forbid she dies, and you never stopped by to wish her a Happy Birthday like you meant to? What if there is there are no more opportunities to show your faith and your belief in what you have learned about God's love?

I guess I'm a fly by the seat of my pants kinda gal. No planning necessary. I asked my Sweetie to drive me over. And all the way I kept feeling and thinking that I really didn't feel it in me, didn't feel the love, didn't feel the bond..... just like her. But I knew I just had to get there and obey the voice is all. I'll leave it up to him to provide the words or the moments. We arrived, I rang the doorbell- and she wasn't there. There! I'm off the hook! I came, I obeyed. What now?

I'm obviously still in learning mode. The journey continues.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music