Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Aftermath and Winning Photo

The sun has been shining brightly all day, in an almost deceptive ploy to get me outdoors. For the first time since the freeze shrouded cold front arrived, I have pretty much stayed in, and finally ventured out to water my plants. My fingers felt numb after a mere half hour. And the garden? Well, the situation isn't pretty. Except for those trees which are dormant or are evergreen, almost all the plants suffered.


We somehow got through the Winter without any real cold weather, then smack dab in February, which for us usually ushers in Springtime weather, we get these two Arctic fronts. And I'm not complaining, because I much prefer this frigid weather to the unbearable hot days ahead. But it does sadden me to see my garden so dreary and gray. On a positive note, during the Arctic blast I took a picture of one of the plants frozen in the pond and looking like a bird of paradise or even a bird in flight. My Sweetie suggested I submit it to our local Weatherman Heatwave Berler's Weather Pic of The Week contest. My photo won this past Friday, and yesterday I finally went and picked up my free $50 gift certificate to a local Chinese restaurant.

I'm reading the weather forecast, and it appears we're not out of the cold weather woods just yet. Or at least not until maybe Sunday. All I ask for is some badly needed rain, the cold doesn't bother me at all. And yet our 'cold' is nothing compared to the the northern areas of our country. Even now, I can feel it in my feet even with my soft fuzzy socks.

So, next on today's agenda is making some dough for bread. I'm hoping we can enjoy a nice loaf with tomorrow's lunch. Firing up the oven for some cookies would also feel good right about now. That and a nice cuppa Earl Grey Cream.

16 comments:

Tufa Girl said...

It has been a very cold winter. Let's just hope we do not receive any more of those artic blasts.

YayaOrchid said...

TufaGirl, that's what I'm hoping too.

tea time and roses said...

Hello Dear Idalia,

It has certainly been a cold one! Just looking at the ice makes me cold!:o)

I am loving your new blog pic! You my friend look fabulous!!!:o) Happy week to you dear Idalia.:o)

Smiles♥

Beverly

Mrs. E said...

Neat pic! I'm your new follower from MBC. Nice blog. Visit me at http://seriousmrse.blogspot.com
http://thecomfortzonezonediversity.blogspot.com

Crunchyish Mama said...

Such a cool picture! It's been very cold down south too. It's snowed 4 times this winter... IN ALABAMA! New follower from MBC.

Mexico in my kitchen said...

Helo Idalia,

I am happy to see you look so good in your new picture. Te ves muy joven.

Saludos and keep the baking going to warm the whole house. :)

Mely

tea time and roses said...

Hello Idalia,

So happy you dropped in!:o) It is always a treat for me when you visit.:o) Hope you and the family are enjoying a lovely week.

Smiles♥

Beverly

Jodi said...

I’m your newest follower from MBC. Great site! You can check me out at http://www.theecoblogger.com and join me on FB too http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jodi-Lee-EcoWarrior/172740309414167 Cheers,
Jodi

YayaOrchid said...

Beverly, how wonderful to hear from you! I'm afraid I've been away from my blog too long. Have lots of catching up to do!

Mrs. E, thank you for your comment and your visit! I do believe I have become your follower as well. Thank you for your support!

CrunchyishMama, thank you so much for the follow. I will go check out your blog. I have been away from my blog a while now. But love coming back to such lovely comments!

Mely, wow, thank you so much for that wonderful comment! *blushing* And yes, I've been baking sourdough bread-delish!

Jodi, I'm headed to check out your blog! :)

Sleppery said...

Poor little plants! At least it made for a great photo :)
new follower from MBC.

http://slepperymind.blogspot.com

DP said...

Wow, what a cold winter you've had. Great photo BTW.

I'm your newest follower. Hope you will check out my blog and follow back when you get a chance.

-DP
Hip Chick's Guide to PMS, Pregnancy, and Babies

Gloria said...

Hi yaya, just popped in to say hi. I must have missed this post. Awesome photo. You must have a pretty good camera. I'm looking to get one. That is a great photo you took, congrats. I like the way you changed your blog as well. Have a great Friday.

Adrienne said...

What a cool photo!

tea time and roses said...

Dropping in to wish you a happy week!:o) Thank you for the lovely scripture above. Philippians 4:8 is one beloved scripture.

Smiles♥

Beverly

Tess said...

We finally got some warm weather here-hopefully, it will stay!

michaelinasmom said...

Hope it's warmed up for ya! =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music