Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Friday, October 21, 2011

Brief Update

And I'm back,  for a brief post. This cooler weather is so wonderful, it even makes me want to write again. I think I would be quite happy in what most would call dreary rainy weather, such as in areas of the Pacific Northwest. I feel more creative in that climate, I think. The heat here just drains me and depresses me. Too much of a good thing I guess. What depresses me most is the way the heat just eats up my garden. First, I lost so many plants to last Winter's freeze, then I about lost all the remaining specimens in this Summer's brutal heat wave. Thinking Hawaii would be a beautiful place to live. But God has me here for a reason. So I will endure.

My weight loss journey continues. Slow, almost stalled, but that's ok. I feel healthy and I feel so much better. And I think the thing that totally tickles my fancy- I can cross my legs! Oh what a glorious feeling to be able to do so. I realize that may not seem like a big deal when you've never had a problem being able to cross your legs, and when weight is not an issue, but believe me, this is right up there with winning the lotto for me. Of course, I've never won a lottery before, but I can imagine it's an awesome feeling if you do.

I can bend down and pull weeds, I can walk distances, I don't mind if we have to park far away from the stores or the mall when we're out and about. In fact, I actually very much welcome that, for it gives me the chance to walk more. It's not a big deal to walk to the park with my Grandchildren, and the list goes on.


Maybe I've written about this before, but I think it's ok to remind myself again of the things most people take for granted. And yes, I'm a happy camper.

Until next time, have a little faith.

4 comments:

Gloria said...

Glad to hear that your journey is going well. Nice to hear that you are able to do things you couldn't before. I think though, crossing ones legs is bad for circulation and I have really bad circulation so I never cross my legs. In fact I never think of crossing my legs, I don't know why, guess I'm just a slouch. Tee hee. Enjoy your weekend.

Georgina said...

Great to read a post of yours...been a while and you've been missed. Yes, the freeze killed quite of few of my plants and this past summer, we couldn't get our veggie garden going...got too hot too soon in the season and we lost it all...only have my basil still growing, but now, going to seed...going to try to grow some in-doors for the winter...love fresh basil.

I began a weight-loss regimen...yikes, my body is sooo peeved at me right now too...joined a gym and my bod is not liking the exercise at all, but I'm hanging in there...same reasons as yours.

Take care and God bless.

xxoo,
Georgina

rahim said...

YayaOrchid said...

Oh, Gloria! You made me laugh. Well, I just really enjoy sitting in a different way than usual. Have a great week!

Georgina, I also love basil. Bought some at the Farmers market over the summer, and it's barely hanging in there, but not bushy enough yet to make pesto.

Exercise is hard, but your body will get used to it, and it won't be so bad after a while. Good luck with your regimen.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music