Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Cheerful Garden

Brr...it's so very cold this morning! I love this weather! Right now it's even staring to drizzle, so yes, it's a cold one! When I got up this morning, which wasn't that early, around 8am, it was under 41F. Right now it's 42F, so it's still pretty cold.

Good thing yesterday I was outside taking advantage of the sun's rays to capture some photos. They will have to do for today's blog post. Too cold to be outside taking any pictures today. I really loved watching the honey bees buzzing around my pink oxalis. It's such a cheerful little plant- flowers all year long, even through the Winter.






And of course, must share a photo of my beautiful clay pots next to another pot of oxalis and a small pot of 'Snow in Paris' which I need to repot.





I named this photo 'For the Birds and the Bees' because the flowers are a popular dining spot for the bees and the water- well, it's for the birds AND the bees.




Being that it's that time of year when all the citrus trees are laden with blossoms, I could not resist sharing a photo of the fragrant 'azares'. They really perfume the air! This photo of my Meyer Lemon blossoms brings the hope of freshly made lemon curd and maybe even some limoncello! I guess I am looking forward to the growing season in the garden. But I still greatly enjoy cold weather while it's here.





And speaking of fragrance, these beautiful purple blooms really permeate the environment around  here. It's called Texas Mountain Laurel, and the aroma it emits is amazing. It actually smells like grape soda! Yumm!






I enjoyed using one of the Instagram software filters on this photo.   It almost has a vintage look to it.





 And that's my post for the day. An attempt to brighten up an otherwise gray day.

Until next time, have a little faith!

7 comments:

Blanca D said...

Beautiful flowers and amazing pictures my friend:) have a Happy Day...........

YayaOrchid said...

Blanca! so happy you stopped by! Have a wonderful week amiga!

Wool Winder said...

Pretty blossoms! Flowers always make the day a happy one.

Gloria said...

Love your plants and your clay pots. Limoncello I made a couple of weeks ago. We've had a lot of lemons. It's great. Nice post. Thanks for sharing.

YayaOrchid said...

WoolWinder, some flowers just make for cheerful days. The little oxalis are one of my favorites.

Gloria, did you use vodka for the limoncello? I found a neat recipe that uses Everclear. Also want to make tangerine extract.

Adrienne said...

Beautiful flowers! :)

Que Fregados said...

Oh wow - how beautiful! I wish I knew more about gardening. We are hosting a "Garden Share" event this Saturday in downtown for the neighbors to exchange plant clippings. Maybe i will learn a thing or two.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music